The Program Committee of the 5th Brazilian Conference on Intelligent System (BRACIS) invites submissions of original research papers for the conference, to be held in Recife, Pernambuco, from October 9th to 12th, 2016.
BRACIS is one of the most important events in Brazil for researchers in the field of Artificial and Computational intelligence. The domain of the conference includes traditional and original topics of both areas and it aims to promote theories and novel applications dealing with the use and analysis of AI/CI techniques in various related fields.
BRACIS also aims for the promotion of international level research by exchanging scientific ideas among researchers, practitioners, scientists and engineers. The yearly event series started in 2012 from the combination of the Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Intelligence – SBIA (21 editions) and the Brazilian Symposium on Neural Networks – SBRN (12 editions).
In this year, it will be held in conjunction with the Robotica 2016 (http://www.robotica.org.br/), XIII ENIAC - Encontro Nacional de Inteligência Artificial e Computacional, IV KDMile - Symposium on Knowledge Discovery, Mining and Learning; and the Thesis and Dissertation Contest - X Concurso de Teses e Dissertações em Inteligência Artificial e Computacional (CTDIAC).
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
• Agent-based and multi-agent systems
• Cognitive modeling and human interaction
• Constraints and Search
• Foundations of AI
• Distributed AI
• Information retrieval, integration, and extraction
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (including Commonsense
Reasoning, Model-Based Reasoning, Probabilistic Reasoning, Approximate Reasoning)
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning in Ontologies and the Semantic Web
• Logic based Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
• Natural Language Processing
• Planning and Scheduling
• Evolutionary Computation
• Fuzzy Systems
• Neural Networks
• Machine Learning and Data Mining
• Molecular and quantum computing
• Pattern Recognition and Cluster Analysis
• Swarm Intelligence
• Hybrid Systems
• Bioinformatics and bioengineering
• Combinatorial and numerical optimization
• Computer Vision
• Game Playing and Intelligent Interactive Entertainment
• Intelligent Robotics
• Multidisciplinary AI and CI
• Other AI and CI related topics
ASOC JOURNAL AND SPECIAL ISSUES
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their work to be appreciated for publication in a fast track process of Applied Soft Computing (ASOC) - Elsevier +ISSN: 1568-4946 (Impact Factor 2.857)
Additionally, two special issues are also confirmed this year:
Natural Computing – Springer +ISSN: 1567-7818 (Impact factor 0.757)
New Generation Computing – Springer and Ohmsha publisher +ISSN: 0288-3635 (Impact factor 0.533)
Access Instructions for Authors - BRACIS tab for more details.
At least one author of each accepted paper (BRACIS, ENIAC, KDMILE) must be registered in Conference event as FULL REGISTRATION fee.
Each full registration covers up to two accepted papers in any event (e.g., 2 BRACIS papers, 1 BRACIS + 1 ENIAC paper, 1 ENIAC + 1 KDMILE paper,...).
If you have more than 2 papers accepted in BRACIS, ENIAC and KDMILE, you must pay the Extra Paper Fee for each paper beyond the second.
- Paper submission: 15th May, 2016 5th June, 2016 (NEW)
- Notifications to authors: 30th June, 2016 10th July, 2016
- Camera-ready copy due: 20th July, 2016 5th August, 2016
BRACIS Local Organizers
Ricardo Prudêncio, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (email@example.com)
Teresa Ludermir, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BRACIS Program Chair
Myriam Delgado, Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná (email@example.com)
Renata Vieira, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Promotion – Sociedade Brasileira de Computação
Support – Centro de Informática (CIN-UFPE)